You know the saying, “A picture is worth a thousand words”? Well the team at SentioLife Solutions is convinced that a testimonial from a parent, educator, therapist or a disability service that uses and recommends our chewable jewellery is worth a thousand paid ads! We thank Susan Orloff, OTR/L @OTRlovesKids for tweeting about our chew necklaces to support a Tweet I had posted about our chew pendants. Does she really know about KidCompanions Chewelry and our newer SentioCHEWS?
We often send free samples of our KidCompanions Chewelry & SentioCHEWS to OT’s so they know first-hand what they are like if families they work with can benefit from using our sensory chew tools. Last year we sent free samples to Susan Orloff, OTR/L, FAOTA, CEO/EXEC Director of Children’s Special Services, LLC, a provider of comprehensive therapy services for children aged 3-15. Read more about Susan’s company at the end of this post.
Therefore Susan Orloff has seen first hand both lines of chew necklaces we sell. This is what she twitted about our chewelry Please remember a Tweet has only 144 characters so it must be very short!
- These are great! Grade 1 teacher calls them a lifesaver! She has little guy who was chewing on everything!
- GREAT & kids that are very oral love it! It’s something to chew & suck on. Doesn’t look like a pacifier!! Try it!
- GREAT company & great to deal with. Super product: parents, teachers, therapists need to connect with them!
- This is your daughter’s company??!!! How cool!! Small world I’m a customer!! Love this for kids – GREAT idea!!
- Got a kid that sucks on everything? KidCompanions Chews make it OK to fill that sensory need & keep them socially acceptable.
- YES love SentioCHEWS too, it’s amazing how kids can transfer sucking on clothes to these wearable alternatives. Helps sensory organizing.
Why Do Some NEED Chewable Jewellery?
SentioLife Solutions’ unisex chew pendants provide age-appropriate and socially accepted, healthy alternatives to mouth or fidget. Our chewelry helps kids, tweens, teens, and even adults of all abilities satisfy their strong urge to bite chew, and/or fidget.
Why do they chew? Chewing is a basic need and some individuals with sensory or attention issues or who have autism and stim, chew and bite to self-regulate, to help them concentrate, to relieve stress, to feel secure during transitions, to use pent up energy, and it is an efficient way to defuse angry or upset feelings to prevent a meltdown.
Other reasons folks of all ages are using our chewable jewellery:
- Have a hard time to stop smoking? People use our chew pendants to help them quit smoking!
- Do you have a child who is overweight and seems to be reaching out for more food when a meal is just finished? Some parents tell us they provide our chew pendants instead and it helps their child eat less between meals.
- Have a 3 year old with 3 year molars driving him crazy? Our products are recommended for kids 3 years and up and are safe and effective for these kids.
- Have a loved one with dementia? Patients in nursing homes with Alzheimer often place their eye glasses and other unaccepted items in their mouths. Providing them with a stylish chew necklace helps them immensely!
SentioLife Solutions’ products allow and redirect people of all ages and for all reasons to chew on discreet, unobtrusive and durable sensory oral-motor tools rather than chewing on their fingernails, hair, toys, shirt collars/sleeves/mittens, furniture, or other unsafe objects that bring questions of teeth damage and health issues to mind.
Follow Susan Orloff and Children’s Special Services:
- Twitter @OTRlovesKids
More about Children’s Special Services, LLC: It is a comprehensive therapy service for children from toddler through teen. CSS uses interactive therapeutic learning experiences that encompass both psychological and physiological development issues. By assessing and treating visual motor, coordination, visual processing, and organizational skills, school and life skills improve. Handwriting deficits are just one specialization. CSS works with both the family and the child.