About SentioCHEWS | Chewable necklaces for active chewers. Rugged, economical and made in North America with FDA approved materials. Designed for children with sensory challenges.
SentioCHEWS chewable necklaces were conceived when a rugged and economical chew was deemed needed for heavier chewers. Our KidCompanions are oh-so-cute and great for light to moderate chewers, with the 2-part molding process, it was expensive to produce so the price point was high for active chewers that need more frequent chew replacements. Therefore Pierrette and graphic designer husband Jamie designed 4 new shapes, including the “upside down” Ice Cream – designed by a focus group of children with sensory issues and adhd. Finally the 3d designs were made by father of 3 and industrial designer, Bill Dicke of Ideas & Solutions. Born were the Soccer Ball, Dot Drop, Chubby Star and Ice Cream shapes. We needed equally cool, economical and made in North America lanyards to match with our new chewable pendants and found the tough USA made paracord 1/8″ size. So now, with many styles of cool paracord breakaway necklaces, we had discreet, fashionable sensory oral-motor tools that help your child be him/herself, anytime, anywhere and at a price of less than $10!
Our Goal | is to help special individuals be themselves and thrive. Our chew necklaces give parents peace of mind and support their special children. We pride ourselves on our made-in-Canada, sourced in North America commitment and our social and environmental responsibility.
• We follow ASTM safety standards and voluntary standards for products used by youth (toys).
• We comply with The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (SOR/2011-19; SOR/2010-298 and SOR/2011-17)
• Our lanyard lengths follow ASTM standards for children’s safety of cords and loops.
• The Breakaway is a safety feature. It will release to prevent strangulation. Not meant to be chewed.
• Our product is CE marked to EU standards, under the Medical Device Directive.
• Our product is CPSIA 3rd party certified.
• Shapes are made of thermo-plastic elastomer, FDA compliant.
• Shapes are made-in-Canada in a ISO certified facility
• We use tough and stylish, made in the US tactical paracord.
CHEWABLE accessory. Our SentioCHEWS address the issues of inappropriate biting and chewing on inedible items that bring questions of hygiene, teeth wearing and safety to mind.
FUNCTIONAL fidget/chewy. SentioCHEWS allows discreet fidgeting to help hyperactive children to focus better. Also the strong jaw muscles are a great way to use pent-up energy by chewing to stay on task.
WEARABLE and soothing. Comforting familiarity for children who do not like transitions, like going from home to school or from home-room to another class, cafeteria, gym…finding security and comfort holding on to their SentioCHEWS.
Use | Like any chewable item, SentioCHEWS will eventually wear due to daily use. Discarding and replacing the item is suggested. Average use for casual school or day wear is 6-9 weeks. Average use is 3-5 months or longer if used as a fidget or as an addition to other chewables. NOTE: Pendants will be damaged sooner with aggressive chewing or if an individual chews selectively (on certain spots). We aimed at making a product that is non-toxic and durable but that can’t damage teeth. Recommended for ages 3 y+