Health and safety are at the core of our company. SentioLife Solutions, Ltd. products, KidCompanions Chewelry and SentioCHEWS, are wearable sensory tools for individuals who have an overwhelming urge to chew, bite, and/or fidget. Our chew pendants double up as fidget toys that can be mouthed. SentioCHEWS are especially suited for the more active chewers while KidCompanions are suited for light chewers and/or fidgeters that will benefit from the smooth feel and embossed texture. Our chewable necklaces are discreet and age-appropriate alternatives to traditional oral motor and manipulative tools that bring attention to the users. They are also free of harmful materials that can be found in zippers, pencils or other household items children may mouth. (Important note: Like any mouthable item, SentioLife Solutions Chewelry will eventually wear due to daily use. Discarding and replacing the item is suggested. Chewing clasps is never recommended. Chewelry is not a toy. Adult supervision is suggested. Ages 3+)
For Parents’ Peace of Mind:
- We follow ASTM safety standards and voluntary standards for products used by youth (toys).
- We comply with The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (SOR/2011-19; SOR/2010-298 and SOR/2011-17)
- Our lanyard lengths follow ASTM standards for children’s safety of cords and loops.
- Our product is CE marked to EU standards, under the Medical Device Directive.
- Our product is CPSIA 3rd party certified.
- KidCompanions Chewelry shapes are 2 fused parts (harder insert with rubbery “overmold”) and made of non-toxic thermo-plastic elastomers, both medical grade, USP Class VI and FDA approved.
- SentioCHEWS shapes are 1 part and also made with an FDA approved thermo-plastic elastomer that is very rubbery and resilient.
- No BPA, phthalates, PVC, lead, or latex
- Shapes are made-in-Canada in a medical device, ISO certified facility
- KidCompanions Breakaway is custom-designed to ASTM standards and made of FDA approved Polymer. (not to be chewed as it will damage)
- SentioCHEWS breakaway is a bit tougher and the lanyard is a bit longer, popular paracord material is great for active kids. (not to be chewed as it will damage)
- Undyed – Kidcompanions Chewelry: We use 100% undyed organic cotton material, made in the US. We recommend wash/rinse before 1st use if your child is prone to mouthing fabric.
- Colored – We use comfortable 100% cotton, dyed with the safest color-fast dyes available. We recommend wash/rinse before 1st use if your child is prone to mouthing fabric.
- SentioSTYLES Paracord – We use 100% nylon tactical paracord, made in the USA. Though cool and tough, should not be chewed.
- Washable with soap and water or dishwasher.
- Made in Canada and sourced in Canada and United States
For Mouthers & Fidgeters’ Peace of Mind:
- Socially acceptable (even cool! “shhh”)
- Designed to be worn as a necklace or clipped and is always accessible.
- Small and efficient so it is not an embarrassment to the wearer or a distraction to others.
- Discreet and stylish to help the wearer to blend in and to feel calm, comfortable and in control.
- Made of appealing sensory materials, configured to provide various tactile experiences.
Like any chewable item, SentioLife Solutions Chewelry will eventually wear due to daily use. Discarding and replacing the item is suggested. Chewing clasps is never recommended.
KidCompanions Chewelry: Light-moderate chewers – Average use is 6-9 weeks or 3 months + if used as a fidget or as an addition to other chewables. Heavy chewers – Average use is 3-5 weeks or less, depending on chewer.
SentioCHEWS: Light-moderate chewers – Average use is 3-5 months or 6 months + if used as an addition to other chewables. Heavy chewers – Average use is 6-9 weeks.
Pendants will be damaged sooner with aggressive chewing or if an individual chews selectively (on certain spots). We aimed at making a product that is non-toxic, durable but that can’t damage teeth. Recommended for ages 3+ *KidCompanions: The hard interior plastic prevents large parts from breaking off and causing a large choking hazard-sized chunk and the materials are FDA USP-IV medical grade. In the event a child does ingest little pieces, they should just pass through the digestive without harm. *SentioCHEWS: The one-part shape is larger than our 2-part KidCompanions and passes teether size recommendations.
Comments are closed.