We have built our company and our products with sound social and environmental practices:
We regularly seek out options to make our company and products more ethically and environmentally responsible. We choose to work using eco-friendly, and socially conscious practices, and readily seek out companies with the same values.
Recycling locally first.
We recycle and use recycled or recyclable office materials. All plastics and paper products we use are kept, sorted and sent to a recycling facility.
- Packaging recyclable and made from FDA approved film
- Our product is sold in a completely recyclable package. FDA approved film.
- The plastic materials used for the chew pendants are tested non-toxic, do not contain PVC, phthalates, lead, latex or any other harmful product and are more environmentally friendly than many plastics.
- The organic cotton lanyard is grown and made in America. It is non-toxic, washable and durable.
- The dyes used for our colorful, cotton lanyards are low-impact and do not use harsh fixatives.
- Medical manufacturer is ISO certified
Our product is designed, manufactured and assembled in Canada. This ensures fair wages, helps job creation and diversification of the local economy. We are supporting rural community development.
Kiva helps micro-finance entrepreneurs around the world through donations via credit card or PayPal. They partner with existing microfinance institutions around the world that have expertise in microfinance, know their local area, and work to get the money to those who need it. The partners then deliver the loans and upload stories to Kiva’s website, then lenders browse loan requests and select which ones they’d like to fund. The funds are used to replenish the loan that the institution already made to the entrepreneur, then collects repayments from the entrepreneurs as well as any interest due. The loaner is then paid back.
Our product is CE marked to EU standards and is CPSIA 3rd party certified. See our Health & Safety standards here.