KidCompanions Chewelry is a medical device that functions as a chewable and wearable sensory tool for people with special needs. This chewy and fidget for kids is a discreet and age-appropriate alternative to traditional oral motor and fidget toys. Our KidCompanions Chewelry is often recommended by health care professionals, especially occupational therapists (OT’s) and speech language pathologists (SLP) as mouth fidgets or hand held fidgets.
Parents of many children with special needs like autism (ASD), sensory processing disorder (SPD), Down syndrome, Tourette syndrome, etc. also are quick to agree that our chewable necklaces and hand fidgets are making a difference in the lives of their children. Best of all, are the positive comments from the many kids, tweens and teens, who use and love our chewy and fidget pendants. See our testimonial page here.
KidCompanions Chewelry Helps Many Special Kids!
- As a chewable necklace, KidCompanions Chewelry addresses the issues of inappropriate biting and chewing on inedible items that bring questions of hygiene, teeth wearing and safety to mind. It is great for oral-motor stimulating activities.
- As a fidget/chewy,KidCompanions allows discreet fidgeting to help children with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) to focus better. Also the strong jaw muscles are a great way to use pent-up energy by chewing to stay on task.
- As a comforting ‘blanky’, children who do not like transitions, going from home to school or from homeroom to another class, cafeteria, gym…find security and comfort holding on to their KidCompanions Chewelry.
KidCompanions Chewelry is SAFE!
Our KidCompanions Chewelry, chewable jewelry, is made in Canada in a medical device manufacturing facility that is ISO certified. Parents can rest assured they are buying a SAFE product!
- The chewy/fidget is made with medical grade thermoplastic Elastomer (rubbery overmold) and Polypropylene (harder insert mold).
- We buy our organic cotton lanyard un-dyed. It is made in America and hand-dyed, rinsed and pre-washed in Canada (our office in Nova Scotia).
- The packages we use are made in America, of FDA approved cellophane.
- We have a quality management system and knowledge of our chain of supply (sourcing) is a priority.
Therefore, KidCompanions Chewelry is safe, bpa, phthalate, pvc, lead and latex free. Our chewables are stylish and discreet allowing the user to fit in.
KidCompanions Chewelry Has a CE Mark!
Our company, Sentio Life Solutions, Ltd., got a CE mark for our oral and hand fidgets in July, 2012. The CE marking (an acronym for the French “Conformité Européenne”) certifies that a product has met EU health, safety, and environmental requirements, which ensure consumer safety. Manufacturers in the European Union (EU) and abroad must meet CE marking requirements where applicable in order to market their products in Europe. A manufacturer who has gone through the conformity assessment process, may affix the CE marking to the product. With the CE marking, the product may be marketed throughout the EU. CE marking now provides product access to 27 countries with a population of nearly 500 million.
KidCompanions Chewelry –
Material Safety and Traceability
The old adage that you get what you pay for is as true today as it ever was. Some of the main reasons for designing the KidCompanions Chewelry were material safety and traceability. Our countries have some rules and regulations, but without testing and efficient control, companies too often sell doubtful products to unknowing families. The cost of manufacturing the KidCompanions Chewelry is higher than many other products made in other countries, and that is the reason. We source our materials in Canada or America, we manufacture our product in Canada, pay fair wages and stay green while doing it. The lanyard is 100% cotton and will return to the earth. We pay no overseas petrol freight costs and employ no child labour or unpaid/trafficked persons.
It is the price to pay for us to make that stand and we hope you will understand. So this mom invented sensory oral-motor tool we call KidCompanions Chewelry is safe! It is a non-toxic special needs tool for those with autism (ASD), ADHD, Tourette’s syndrome, Down syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD), sensory processing disorder (SPD) … and just right for your child too.