About KidCompanions Chewelry | Helping children with sensory challenges discreetly and fashionably! BPA, phthalates, lead and latex free and made for children-teens.
Our Goal | is to help special individuals be themselves and thrive. Our products give parents peace of mind and support their special children. We pride ourselves on our made-in-Canada, sourced in North America commitment and our social and environmental responsibility.
• We follow ASTM safety standards and voluntary standards for products used by youth (toys).
• We comply with The Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (SOR/2011-19; SOR/2010-298 and SOR/2011-17)
• Our lanyard lengths follow ASTM standards for children’s safety of cords and loops.
• Our product is CE marked to EU standards, under the Medical Device Directive.
• Our product is CPSIA 3rd party certified.
• Shapes are 2 fused parts and made of thermo-plastic elastomers, both medical grade, USP Class VI.
• Shapes are made-in-Canada in a medical device, ISO certified facility
• The Breakaway is custom-designed to ASTM standards and made of FDA approved Polymer.
• We use 100% organic cotton lanyard material, made in the US. Undyed or dyed with the safest color-fast dyes available.
KidCompanions Chewelry was designed by a mom for her child. Unique tactile features help your child be him/herself, anytime, anywhere.
FUNCTIONAL fidget/chewy. KidCompanions allows discreet fidgeting to help hyperactive children to focus better. Also the strong jaw muscles are a great way to use pent-up energy by chewing to stay on task.
WEARABLE and soothing. Comforting familiarity for children who do not like transitions, like going from home to school or from homeroom to another class, cafeteria, gym…finding security and comfort holding on to their KidCompanions.
Use | Like any chewable item, KidCompanions will eventually wear due to daily use. Discarding and replacing the item is suggested. Average use is 6-9 weeks or longer if used as a fidget or as an addition to other chewables. NOTE: Pendants will be damaged sooner with aggressive chewing or if an individual chews selectively (on certain spots). We aimed at making a product that is non-toxic, durable but that can’t damage teeth. Recommended for ages 3+